I am beyond honoured to be nominated for the Liebster Blog Award. The award is basically a way to recognize new bloggers. Cassandra at Coffee + Poppies was kind enough to nominate me. Her blog is beautiful so be sure to check it out! Cassandra has 11 questions for me that I will answer, then I’ll explain the rules and nominate other blogs!
1. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would it be?
This is a hard one! I’ve always wanted to visit England, but I would also love to be back in Canada with my friends and family. I’m going to go with England because it’s been a lifelong dream of mine. I want to visit all the castles and enjoy all of the history that it has to offer.
2. What are some small things that make your day better?
Hmm. Coffee for sure makes my day better. Also…
- comfy pajamas
- my Vera Bradley blanket
- hanging out with Husband
- pop music
- my brightly painted office
- chocolate chip cookies/cupcakes/donuts
3. What are your resolutions for blogging in 2018?
My main blogging resolution is to be consistent. I want to be able to on a schedule and post every single week. I want to grow my blog, and be able to devote more time to it.
I also want to improve my writing significantly, I want to be more captivating and engaging.
4. If you could be any character from a TV show, book, movie, anything, who would you be?
I’ve been thinking about this for days, and I still don’t have a good answer. There’s so many to choose from! And some of them I just want to choose so I could be in that setting. Like I would want to be Jess from New Girl, simply so that I could be surrounded by hilarious people.
So I don’t have an answer for this one. Maybe one day it will just dawn on me who I would want to be, but right now I have no clue.
5. What could you give a 40 minute presentation on without any preparation?
I could give a presentation on crocheting. It may be extremely boring for those who really don’t care about it, but I could explain how to start crocheting and the difference between crochet and knitting.
At this point, I could probably do a 40 minute presentation on blogging. I’ve done a lot of research and I love learning about blogging and social media. I’m no expert but I know a thing or two.
6. How long have you been blogging for?
I guess November makes 6 months! That’s kind of crazy! I didn’t realize it had been that long. I only got the nerve to share my blog on my Facebook page about 2 months ago.
7. What fad or trend do you hope comes back?
I was going for “80s” for Halloween, and when I was looking into outfit ideas, I saw legwarmers. Legwarmers!! Why don’t those come back into style? I can easily crochet them and I could make so many in cute colours. Plus, they have the added bonus of actually being warm!
8. What are your favorite holiday traditions?
Is it too cliche to say the food? I love food. My mom would work non-stop when I was a kid to make all kind of Christmas treats for us and I am trying my hardest to uphold that tradition. She makes these amazing chocolate balls, that are to. die. for.
Also, this sounds materialistic, but I love presents. I love getting people presents and I love giving them presents.
9. If money and time weren’t an issue, what hobby would you start?
Since we’ve bought a house, I’ve come to realize that I love painting and working with my hands. If I had time and money to work on it, I would buy wood, stain, paint and stencils (and maybe some more power tools) and I would make wall hangings or some kind of artwork. Maybe someday I’ll be able to get into it.
10. Is there a blogger you look up to?
I would say that the main blogger that I look up to is Neely from It Starts With Coffee.
She consistently writes good content that can be applied to a wide variety of people. She has a massive following and I hope that I can be as successful as her. Plus she has the cutest photos!
11. Do you have any special talents or quirks that you love?
Does being dramatic and overreacting count? jk jk
I really love that I learnt when I was younger to crochet. I love crocheting and being able to create things with my hands. This skill has given me the ability to make many gifts and it helps me get some of my creativity out.
1. Answer the questions your nominator has asked you.
2. Nominate 11 other bloggers (preferably with under 200 followers).
3. Ask your own 11 questions.
4. Let your nominees know they’ve been nominated!
1. Abi from Abi Street Tx
2. LeAnn at Girl Bosses Rock
3. Stacey at They Call Me Stacey
4. Lindsey at Sarcastic Bohemian
5. Ivy at Ivy Rose Knows
6. Dorset Wife
7. Bexa at Hello Bexa
8. Leenay at Leenays Blog
9. Jenny at Sparkle and Style
10. Caroline at Caroline’s World
11. Girl Masked
- What made you want to start a blog?
- What is your favourite item that you own?
- When you have spare time (and you’re not blogging) what are you doing?
- What are you passionate about?
- What is your favourite season? Why?
- What’s your favourite app on your phone?
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
- What are you thankful for?
- What would your perfect day look like?
- What is your biggest accomplishment?
- What do you absolutely hate doing?
- What is the best give you’ve ever received?
That’s it for me! I can’t wait to see the answers. Thanks again to Cassandra for nominating me!